Sometimes, that’s just how it is. You have to learn to move backwards before you can move forwards.
Last week, if you recall, I was happily knitting away and working on “Shap-ing de Arma-Hole”. So content I was that it didn’t occur to me to take a look at the instructions sheet before actually starting to do the shaping. I only picked up the sheet to have a look at what I was supposed to be doing after I’ve finished *smack on the forehead*. Seems like these days I’m not only losing concentration, I’m also losing the ability to think logically =(
There you go then nasty frog, you score yet another.
10 rows backwards and many many more rows forwards later, I’m happy to say that I’ve since made good progress and here’s how the front piece of the top is looking at the moment:
The armhole and the neck has to be shaped together for the front piece. What I did last week was what I would have to do if I was knitting the back piece. 2 rows after I re-started with the shaping work, I spotted a mistake at the neckline. I’m really glad that I picked that one up otherwise the nasty frog will get to score another. That said, I was certainly starting to get quite annoyed with how the instructions were written. It’s not the first time since I started this project that I had to try and figure out what I’m supposed to be doing. Well I suppose if it has been knitting up really easily, I can no longer call this my knitting challenge. At the same time, I can’t help feeling annoyed by the lack of extremely clear instructions.
Anyway, not long to go now till the neck shaping is finished and I can start on shaping the shoulders, meaning the front piece is then officially finished. There’s still the sleeves to go but that should be fairly simple – I hope! With that thought, I’ll end this week’s report, and wish you all a LOVELY WEDNESDAY! Till next week =)